Monday, July 21, 2014

Editorial: "Rising Star" Week 6 Predictions

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

MORE PREDICTIONS FOR RISING STAR?! Yeah!

So, here's the line-up that they gave us at the end of last night's (7/20/14) performance:
Joshua Peavy vs. Karen Hornsby
Dana Williams vs. Audrey Kate Geiger
Shameia Crawford vs. Unselfish
Morgan Higgins vs. Maneepat Molloy

So, who do you think I will be going for this time around?

Joshua Peavy vs. Karen Hornsby


This had to be a hard one.
You may remember Joshua Peavy as the very first performer to kick off the season of Rising Star. Yeah, he gave us a great performance and all. But as far as inspiration goes, I think Karen Hornsby sells it.
Karen, after hearing her story about her disabled daughter, America just had to see her succeed in this competition. What we saw in her was not only inspiration, but also determination. I feel that she will use all of those things to her advantage.

My prediction: KAREN HORNSBY

Dana Williams vs. Audrey Kate Geiger


This was... the second easiest one to predict, of all four pairings.
Well, both girls gave us good performances. But, by far, Dana Williams felt much more promising.
Dana gave us a good rendition to a Rihanna song, which wasn't an easy task for her or anyone else that sang those kind of songs in the competition. And boy, did she give America satisfaction.
Audrey, on the other hand, gave us a good performance. However, I wasn't feeling the same way I felt with Dana's performance. I just wasn't feeling it. So I had to put my faith in Dana.

My prediction: DANA WILLIAMS

Shameia Crawford vs. Unselfish


This one, by far, was the easiest one to predict, of all four pairings.
First of all, Unselfish, the four-guy group, failed to raise the wall in their performance. The majority of the viewers in the audience and at home most likely voted "no" to this boy band. So, seeing them go up against Shameia Crawford, who was the first West-Coast save in Rising Star history, was a shocker, because I (and maybe some others in America) all thought that those guys were eliminated from the competition.
-I guess the show wanted more ratings and decided to bring them back.
-Or maybe Unselfish was some kind of "fan favorite," or viewers begged the show to put them back into the show. Who knows?
But I'm still standing by my prediction.

My prediction: SHAMEIA CRAWFORD

Morgan Higgins vs. Maneepat Molloy


This was hard. Why? Because both girls had some kind of inspiration on them.
However, I fell in love with Maneepat's voice more than Morgan's. I mean, don't get me wrong: Morgan is a great singer, but I was leaning more towards Maneepat.
Maneepat reminded me of several opera singers and/or singers that were pretty close to that like Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, and Renee Fleming. It was that great- that big of a deal.

My prediction: MANEEPAT MOLLOY

And now, as before, I will make my proclamations, based on the accuracy of my predictions.
-Note: I decided not to count the West-Coast saves, because... I don't know- I sure as hell couldn't predict that.
-Note (continued): My predictions will be going towards what has been aired on live TV (again, not counting the West Coast save, because we have to wait until the next day to get the full result, which is entirely pointless when you think about it, because the show promised us "instant results").

1 If all four predictions are right, I'll pick two of the things to do from this list.
2. If 3 out of 4 are right, I'll do a review on the Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns... Again!game (Nintendo DS version).
3. If 2 out of 4 are right, I'll do a review on the Barney In Concert video.
4. If 1 out of 4 are right, I'll tell another story via vlog.
5. If all four predictions are wrong, then I'll do a review on Madeline: Lost In Paris.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Rising Star

Courtesy: Ken Warwick & Nicole Yaron/DCP Keshet

No comments:

Post a Comment