Monday, July 28, 2014

Editorial: "Rising Star" Week 6 Prediction Results Are In!

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

This week (7/27/14) on Rising Star was the final week of duels until the 13-contestant sing-offs, where 5 will be eliminated, while 8 move onto the next round.

So, how were my predictions for this week? (Remember: this is excluding any West Coast saves, because... let's face it: I could never predict that. I'm just talking about what I saw live on TV.)

Joshua Peavy vs. Karen Hornsby

My prediction: Karen Hornsby

Who really won: JOSHUA PEAVY
I really felt so bad for Karen. I mean, her story was inspirational; you'd think that would be enough to move on, right? Well... I can't dispute this: both her and Joshua sang great renditions to pretty good songs. However, Joshua stole this round. Even Kesha wanted Karen to move onto the next round by voting "no" to Joshua's performance.

Dana Williams vs. Audrey Kate Geiger

My prediction: Dana Williams

Who really won: AUDREY KATE GEIGER
Another wrong prediction. So what? I liked both performances. Enough said.

Shameia Crawford vs. Unselfish

My prediction: Shameia Crawford

Who really won: SHAMEIA CRAWFORD
Like I said before, this was an easy prediction. It was obvious that Unselfish was no match for Shameia. Even the experts Ludacris, Kesha, and Brad pointed out the group's harmony and pitch issues, which proved to be their downfalls in this night's performances.
Shameia, on the other hand, was giving this peformance her all. (You could definitely tell of that).

Morgan Higgins vs. Maneepat Molloy

My prediction: Maneepat Molloy

Who really won: MANEEPAT MOLLOY
Just to be brief: I liked both performances. I felt that Morgan gave it her all, but it wasn't enough to top Maneepat. Either way, I liked them both.

Anyway, I just found out on the show's website that Dana Williams got saved by the West Coast, which was a relief, because I liked her performances and her back-story. So good job on your West-Coast save, Dana!

So, seeing that I got 2 out of 4 right this time around, as I said in my previous editorial, I will review the Barney in Concert video.
-NOTE: I had promised you this video review earlier this month, but had to make good on the promises that I had made for Rising Star and the predictions. Anyway, I am going to review that video FINALLY!
As for predictions, these were my last predictions, seeing that the show is going to where they're eliminating 5 out of the remaining 13 singers, and... I can never predict any of that! (Sorry.) So, that's it for the predictions. However, I will still continue to follow Rising Star until the season finale, and make sure to fill you in on my thoughts and feelings about all that.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Rising Star

Courtesy: Ken Warwick & Nicole Yaron/DCP Keshet

No comments:

Post a Comment