Monday, June 16, 2014

Playhouse Disney- Review of My Childhood (part 4)

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Welcome to Part 4 of my review on Playhouse Disney. I promise you that I'm almost done with this review before I can give my overall consensus. So let's continue.
For Part 4, I will be covering the shows that came out in 2005 and 2006.

Little Einsteins

I'm not sure why this show is still airing this show on Disney Junior.
I don't know; I never paid much attention to this show as I would for the other shows. For me, this show was vague, although the educational part was decent. The show is about a group of kids that would solve problems through educational overtones and...

more educational overtones.

-Not that there's a problem with this supposed to be educational all, but have characters that aren't so vague-sounding. It's like they're talking to us as if we were too little to count past number 2. Why would anyone be invested by this show?

The Doddlebops

Talk about kids' band has-beens!

-Enough said.

Johnny and the Sprites

-(Not to be confused with the soda brand)
I have to say that this show was one of the most forgettable. The show centers around a guy who's friends with Muppet creatures, as well as follows his dreams of being a songwriter.

-Doesn't that set-up seem familiar to you? Think about it: a songwriter hanging out with anthropomorphic creatures... so obviously Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Well, screw it. I wish I had more time to view this show as a kid to get to know this show more. I mean, I saw one or two episodes, but just like Little Einsteins, it was a bore.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Now, I did a review on this show before, so I won't go far into this one.
This is basically the staple of Disney Junior. In other words, Disney Junior wouldn't be Disney Junior without this show. It features Mickey Mouse and his friends, as they go on adventures and solve problems while on their adventures.

It has its successes, as well as its awkwardness. But hey! It's canon.

Handy Manny

Just when you think that Playhouse Disney wouldn't do anything original again, they then give us Handy Manny. 
This show, in my opinion, was really good.

I loved the set-up, as well as the anthropomorphic tools that would follow our main lead Manny, who's voiced by Wilmer Valderrama, who you may know from That '70s Show and that MTV show Yo Momma.

What I liked about the show were the tools. These characters had bright, colorful personalities that it's like having a favorite superheroes out of a league of superheroes. However, there was one character that was just a stick-in-the-mud: the candy store owner Mr. Lopart.

He's like the most memorable character in the show, because he's usually screwing up on simple tasks and/or making situations worse. To make matters worse, Mr. Lopart would always deny Manny's assistance whenever Manny asks if he needs help or not.
-Why not admit that you need help? There's nothing wrong with asking for help.
Anyway, as much as I love making fun of Mr. Lopart, I still like this show.

So, like I said before, I'm almost done with this review. I promise you that Part 5 will be the last part of my review. So stay tuned!

Whatsoever Critic
Sources:
Little Einsteins
The Doddlebops
Johnny and the Sprites
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Handy Manny

Courtesy: The Baby Einstein Company/Curious Pictures, Cookie Jar Entertainment, Kaufman Astoria Studios, Walt Disney Television Animation/Disney-ABC Domestic Television, and Nelvana/Disney Junior Originals/Disney-ABC International Television.

No comments:

Post a Comment