Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Top 10 Absurdities from "For The Honor of LarryBoy"

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

And yes, I am going on and on about the Veggietales In The House episode "For The Honor of LarryBoy."

You know why? Because it's LarryBoy; and as a die-hard LarryBoy fan, I have to give you all my opinions on it!
By now, you've already read the title of this post. I'm serious on that part. There are some weird things about this episode of Veggietales In The House that we is either overlooked the first time, or just sticks in your mind in that first viewing. So here is my Top 10 Absurdities from "For The Honor of LarryBoy."

10. Motato's radishes are generic

As I pointed out in my Top 10 Overlooked Things from "For The Honor of LarryBoy," it's obvious that these radishes seem identical to the Angry Birds characters.

That's my theory, that the radishes may have been modeled from one of the best-selling apps. I mean, what do the radishes do? They make noise; they're thrown around; and they're easy for LarryBoy to tackle.
-I drew a resemblance right here.

9. I wonder what kind of comic book Larry is reading...

When we first see Larry the Cucumber at the beginning of the episode, he's reading from a comic book. If you look at the cover of the book, you see a superhero that looks like Larry but with a cape.
-Come to think of it, I'm grateful that the show didn't go with that costume design that was on the comic book. Otherwise, that would've pissed off LarryBoy fans.
Anyway, there's a moment where Larry's eyes bulge when he sticks his face into the comic book; this action is accompanied by a "Dong!" sound effect.
-Well, that was random...
-Plus, Larry seems too into the book, which warranted that "Dong!" sound. Just saying...

8. Archibald's creepy look

Like I've said before, this was a little awkward on Archibald's part. Plus, I should've thought to consider this moment...

An AWKWARD FACE MOMENT!
Well, since this is the same character that had me coin that term in Whatsoever Critic history, we'll call this moment...

AWKWARD FACE RECYCLING!

7. "Experts and scientists agree that LarryBoy is his only hope."

Really? You have to involve experts and scientists in a kidnapping that's as half-assed as this one?

Guys, it's just an old fart that was kidnapped by a wannabe-Tim-Curry villain!
I've mentioned this before in my review: What do experts and scientists have to do with a situation like this? It's not global warming or a natural disaster.

6. What was up with Bob's high note?

During the song "Calling LarryBoy," we have Archibald Asparagus and Bob the Tomato singing about why LarryBoy hasn't shown up to save the day yet, while also trying to persuade LarryBoy that even though he'll come across ungrateful jerks like Ichabeezer, he still has to save them.
Now that all makes sense, but what throws everything off is when Bob sings that high note in the lyric: "It is your higher calling." When you hear the word "calling," you'll definitely tell that he's singing a high note. That just offsets what the moral is in this story.

Then again, the high note might actually be funny, because it sounds like someone kicked Bob in the balls during that song. (I'm sorry. I'm laughing as I write this!)

5. Ichabeezer is wealthy?!

This stood out the first time I saw this episode. When LarryBoy reminds Ichabeezer about him being a target for a supervillain because of his wealth, I was shocked. And I know what you're thinking: Whatsoever Critic, how could you not know this?! Didn't you see the other nine episodes? Well, to answer that: I only saw the premiere episode and this episode. So, enough said.
But seriously, Ichabeezer is wealthy?! No wonder he's crabby!

4. Why the f*** would anyone want to be stuck inside their own chimney?!

In the opening scene when Ichabeezer runs amock on his segway, he eventually gets stuck inside his own chimney. As soon as he's stuck, it's like it's a good thing for him- it's like he wanted to be stuck inside his chimney forever to avoid social interaction.
-How stupid can this guy be?!
-You know whenever I hear of people getting stuck inside chimneys for periods of time, they usually end up in the hospital. I'm not saying that Ichabeezer has a death wish; he's just delusional.

3. LarryBoy's helmet doesn't always cover his face!!!

Now I know I've pointed this out in my review, but I'll bring it up again. There's a scene where Ichabeezer yells at LarryBoy about saving him from his chimney and to "get off his lawn." When we get a look at LarryBoy talking to Ichabeezer, you'll notice that the top part of LarryBoy's face is exposed.

-(sarcasm) Thanks, costume designers...
This just steps all over the idea that being a superhero is having a secret identity. It just wouldn't be a secret if you have your face exposed to the world.
-By now, people would already know who you are!

2. Motato's lair is a...

If you haven't guessed it yet, Motato's lair is a human bathroom.

Like I said before, I didn't realize the set-up until I saw this episode for a third time. It's self-explanatory, unless you read my Top 10 Overlooked Things for this episode.
And as if having a bathroom as a secret lair wasn't awkward enough, then this leads me to...

1. What did Motato just say?! (a.k.a.- Did I hear that right?!)
-Now, I'm not joking when I say that this scene, by far, is the most absurd of this entire episode. When you get to this scene, turn up the volume and listen to every single word that Motato says to his victim. No really! (sarcasm) You're about to hear the most diabolical threat a villain could ever give their victim!
Okay, Motato. What's your threat for Ichabeezer?

Motato: "Right! Give me the code to your safe, or I tie each of your nose hairs to the Super-Deluxe Man-Mover... And talk about one-by-one."
-Really? You couldn't come up with a more decent means of torture for your victim than that? I've heard more intimidating and more legitimate threats from a supervillain than this? Dr. Blowhole, please show this guy the way!
And another thing... NOSE HAIRS?! Really?! As if that would go into the Hall of Fame of Great Villain Quotes...
[fill in your own supervillain quotes here] and then compare it to Motato's quote, and tell me you would be scratching your head at this. In fact, his face says it all: I feel like he was getting too close to Ichabeezer... I don't know. That was just a thought.

But anyway, that was my Top 10 list of absurdities from "For the Honor of LarryBoy" from Veggietales In The House.

...Nose hairs? REALLY?!

Whatsoever Critic
Sources:
Veggietales In The House
LarryBoy and the Yodelnapper (those two pics)

Courtesy: Big Idea/DreamWorks

No comments:

Post a Comment