Thursday, March 12, 2015

"Five Nights at Freddy's 3" (iOS version) Is FINALLY Here!

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

FINALLY!

I woke up this morning and saw on the App Store (iTunes) that Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is already out for iOS. As soon as I saw it, I immediately took action and ended up finally playing it for myself.
-FINALLY!
For me, this game wasn't that bad. Here's what happened...

Night 1:

The first night allowed me to be familiar with my surroundings, which was okay, because I need to know where rooms and vents are at and everything.

One thing that struck me as awkward was the new phone guy (knowing that the old phone guy died in FNaF 1)...
-Spoiler alert if you haven't played the first two games yet.
...It was odd to get a new voice here.
-I wonder who Scott Cawthon hired to be the voice actor for this new phone guy. Or is this still Scott Cawthon, except he had to alter his voice some? IDK.

Minigame #1:
After Night 1 is over, I was taken to a minigame.

-I don't know if it does the same on the PC or Android versions or not.
I had to put Mangle together in that minigame.

Night 2:
This was where the so-called Springtrap bunny comes out and messes with you.

Before that though, the new phone guy plays audio from the previous phone guy, which was nice to hear again, even though he died in the first FNaF.
Now, for Springtrap, I learned that if you play audio of children laughing and talking in another room adjacent to the room that he's in, he'll go towards the noise. There were a couple of moments where I caught him in the vents. There were other times when I had to reboot some of the equipment.

-I gotta admit: the rebooting process can be a bitch, because it takes a while for the systems to reboot.

As for jumpscares, I experienced that when the hallucination of Balloon Boy happened. Afterwards, I could hear my character breathing hard, which was pretty new to me, because the security guard character in the first two games didn't do that.

Minigame #2

After Night 2, I got another minigame, but this time, it featured Toy Chica.
-Yeah, imagine! The slutty chicken from the second game manages to make an appearance in this game... Uh. I don't know any better. Anyway...

The goal for this minigame is to collect cupcakes and then serve them to the kids.

Night 3:
In this night, instead of the new phone guy you hear, you get to hear the original phone guy's audio recordings.
This time, Springtrap is a little harder to track down. And this time around, my cameras dysfunctioned sooner, and the system reboot thing bothered me more so. And of course, Balloon Boy's hallucination got me again, and I was scrambling to reboot my systems.
However, the creepiest part was when I saw Springtrap lurking outside my office... and I made the stupid mistake of turning to my reboot systems, and he got me.

So, seeing that I only made it to Night 3 in this game, what do I think about this game?

For me, this was a big improvement of all three games. The premise; the greenish scenery (it reminds you of the novel Asylum by Madeleine Roux); and the pace. However, I didn't see Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, or the toy versions.
-Unless they come in later nights? Who knows?
Overall, it was really fun to play. Right now, I'm tempted to play some more, but for now, I can finally watch Let's Play videos of this game. I wonder how WatchGirlsPlay, BlastphamousHD, Smosh Games, and Smike reacted to this game...

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Five Nights at Freddy's 3

Courtesy: Scott Cawthon

COMING SOON ON WHATSOEVER CRITIC!!!
I will soon post a video of me waiting for the iOS version of Five Nights at Freddy's 3 to come out. I was vlogging every day until now, waiting for the iOS version to show up. See what I have been up to since then! I will have that video uploaded ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment