Monday, August 25, 2014

"Rising Star" Season Finale- Last Word on Show

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Now that season one of Rising Star is officially over... I now have nothing to watch on Sundays.
-Bummer.

So, what did I think of the show, as a whole?

Well, it has its ups and downs. Well, let's start with the downs.
1. More people should have gotten involved in the voting process. Here, on this show (unlike other singing competitions), we, the viewers, have the power to vote and to decide the fate of the contestants. WTH doesn't all of America take advantage of that?!
-It's like a professor giving away free donuts to a classroom of students on the first day of session, but the students hesitate on whether to get a donut or not... (True story, for me!)
2. The West Coast gets publicized as the part of America that gets the last-say... which makes the "viewers get to vote live" gimminck a little ironic.
3. I don't feel that this show was advertised enough to get people in. I mean, sure, the show has an interactive app that people can use when the show is live on air. And sure, it had some of the biggest musical icons: Josh Groban, Brad Paisley, Kesha, and Ludacris. So... what gives, America? And what gives, ABC?! And while we're on the subject, ABC has been advertising its newest shows (coming this fall), even if it means advertising them over and over in between shows. Um... why didn't they have that same bubbly energy when advertising Rising Star?

Okay, those were my bad stuff. Now, I will say what's good about the show.
1. the music- The renditions were great, as a whole. Some of them timeless, while others... not the best song choice.
2. the voting process- I had fun using the app to vote on the contestants, and on deciding their fates.
3. the creativity- The raising of the wall... makes this show even more epic.
4. the humanity- Unlike most singing competitions, this one has plenty of heart, whether you win or lose. Everyone was nice on the show, especially the contestants. There was plenty of good sportsmanship, which was something that this world needed.

Now, for who won the show... no spoiler alert. However, I will say that I already knew that that person was going to win the competition. He already had so much popularity and Youtube appearances that one would find it hard for them to lose.
-Seriously, I'm not spilling any more details, because the season finale happened last night (8/24/14).

Overall, the show was awesome. I hope to see Season 2 sometime in the future.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Rising Star (ABC)

Courtesy: Keshet DCP

No comments:

Post a Comment