Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rising Star: The Quarter-Finals... How Was It?

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Now, I wasn't able to give my consensus on the Quarter-Finals episode (8/10/14) of Rising Star, because I heard news that Robin Williams passed away yesterday. That must have been a shocker to everyone, especially his fans. So, I figured that I would post about Rising Star today, rather than yesterday, in respects to this unexpected passing.

Anyway, today I'm going to give my consensus on the Quarter-Finals that happened this past Sunday.

How was it? Well, I'll give you my insight.

It's best to start with the cons before going for the pros. The first half of the episode was a little concerning, because the performances at the time were... I don't know: I wasn't feeling their energy as I did in past episodes. It was obvious that it had to do with song choice. Even our experts Brad, Kesha, and Ludacris pointed out bad song choices.

However, things got a little better in the second half. The performances were not so bad.

Even Austin French was able to get the highest score of the night with his rendition of "House of the Rising Sun," which was extremely impressive.

As far as who was saved by the West Coast, I was okay with who got saved. It was either April Lockhart, Maneepat Molloy, or Shameia Crawford. Well, the West Coast had spoken: Maneepat Molloy.

Was I happy with this West-Coast? I was, for the most part. Sure, it was sad to see April Lockhart go, because I felt that she was an inspiration to people like her who have limitations or disabilities and want to make something of themselves. Also, it was sad to see Shameia Crawford go, because in the beginning of the series, she proved herself to be a powerhouse singer, along with some of the other performers. Aside from that though, Maneepat Molloy deserved a second chance in this competition, because one, her voice can capture the hearts of millions; and two, she is wickedly talent and has proved that to us over and over.

Overall, the Quarter-Finals episode wasn't so bad, but I'm still looking forward to the Semi-Finals. The Semi-Finals, from what I heard, was going to be a bigger challenge yet.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Rising Star

Courtesy: ABC/DCP Keshet

No comments:

Post a Comment