Saturday, November 2, 2013

Top 10 Most-Viewed Post in the Week of 10/26-11/2/13

Hi, I'm the Amateur Critic. I review just about anything.

I got a little bored this weekend... and I'm at my laptop computer. That can only mean one thing: another countdown. Now, for this countdown, I'm looking at the top 10 most-viewed posts in the Week of Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013. So let's not waste any time! : )

10. Lamb Chop's Play Along: When You Grow Up TV Show Review

I kinda expected this one to be scored low. In fact, this score was pretty good, compared to the first countdown that it was in during this blog.
Anyway, this episode of Lamb Chop was okay... not all that spectacular at the end, but okay.

9. Top 5 Most-Viewed LarryBoy Reviews
That's great how one of my countdown's is in another countdown that I had concocted. (No comment, sorry.)

8. LarryBoy and the Rumor Weed Movie Review

I'm surprised that this review scored low in the countdown. In fact, this review didn't show up at all in the first countdown I had.
Anyway, this movie was fun to review. I praised it for its bold approach, the amping-up of the "cinematography," having the feel of a theatrical movie, and for pushing it farther than The Fib from Outer Space. Despite its over-the-top dramatic moments and minor flaws, it wasn't so bad.

It took chances; it had a clear message; and it's one of my all-time favs in LarryBoy history.

7. The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole Movie Review

It's the 1-hour TV movie dedicated to Dr. Blowhole. He's one of my all-time favorite bad villains. Now, for his appearances on Penguins of Madagascar, I'll like him no matter what. However, I just wish that DreamWorks can feature him in a theatrical movie, that way he can... I don't know.

When I was in high school, he wasn't really a household name. In fact, this gives me an idea: why don't I make a countdown dedicated to the "most underrated villains"? (There's an idea.)

Now, this TV movie was fun to do as well. I got down and dirty with spotting the plot holes and all the weird stuff that was in it. (Another idea: the top 10 weirdest scenes in The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole... and it's coming soon!) Despite its nostalgia and criticism, I still gave it credit for effort and entertainment.

6. Lamb Chop's Play Along: The Wallet Movie Review

Why isn't this episode of Lamb Chop's Play Along the most-viewed?!
I'm sorry, but this episode was funny, when it came to solving the problem. Well, I'll admit that the ending kinda sucked a little, but the rest was funny. I mean, wanting to keep the wallet with $50 in it... I died a little inside because of the laughing.

As I mentioned in the review, $50 was a lot of money back in the 80s and early 90s. Imagine what today's standards would be...

5. LarryBoy: Leggo My Ego Movie Review

This episode of LarryBoy was a field day for me. Why? Well, I remember calling the Alchemist a momma's boy, and criticizing him for letting his mother wear the pants the majority of the time.

The point is, the plot was ridiculous; the hero was clueless (which brings LarryBoy unnecessary shame to his name- I should know; I'm a die-hard LarryBoy fan!); and I felt like the Alchemist could've been a legit bad guy if he had left his mother out of all of this.
But, hey. If LarryBoy is in a sucky video, then, as a die-hard LarryBoy fan, I'll keep coming back for more.

4. LarryBoy in the Good, the Bad, and the Eggly Movie Review

Behold! The weakest LarryBoy episode in LarryBoy history!
Geez, I never got why Big Idea came up with this episode. I mean, the 3D-animated installments of LarryBoy had more dignity than this phony.

I criticized it for having a mixed messages; the characters being morons; and the episode not being a legit LarryBoy story. So, if you haven't read this review, go right ahead.

3. LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows Movie Review

This was marked as the beginning of my frustration on the beginning of Big Idea's taking terrible advantage of trying to bring LarryBoy back in the spotlight.

I remember that the villain was basically insane; the story made LarryBoy seem all watered down; and the story was too fast-paced.
That was my analysis of the movie in my review.

2. Lamb Chop's Play Along: The Guys TV Show Review

So far, this episode of Lamb Chop is still ranked #1 in most-viewed post of all time (so far).
I'll admit that this episode had a powerful message behind it, and the dialogue could be funny at times.

But, look at it. It's Charlie Horse trying to be somebody that he's not. In fact, I bet you that he doesn't learn his lesson: just check him out in the Shari Lewis Passover special, where he's running for class president and is doing everything in his power to get everyone to vote for him!
Despite my criticism and all that, I still like that episode; and I don't care if I watch it again in the future.

1. LarryBoy and the Yodelnapper Movie Review

Right now, I'm thinking why such an imperfect episode of LarryBoy would make it to #1 as a movie review.
Perhaps, it was because of my totally complete honesty when it came to revealing that the message that's trying to get across... is hiding in the over-the-top yodeling enthusiasm that this movie has!

Or perhaps it was the spawning of a segment that will be used in future reviews: the Awkward Face Moment.

No matter the reason, this review came up on top. I must say that I had fun with this review, because it not only spawned a segment that I'm going to be using in this blog from now on, but also because that was the first time I used my Nintendo DSi for some of the pics.

And that was my countdown. Next time, for countdowns on this blog, I'm going to pick and choose between the following:
-Top 10 Most-Underrated Villains
-or-
-Top 10 Weirdest Scenes in The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole
(I'll be the judge of that...)

Amateur Critic
Sources:
Lamb Chop's Play Along
LarryBoy (franchise)
Penguins of Madagascar

All rights go to Shari Lewis, Big Idea Entertainment, and DreamWorks Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment