Saturday, October 26, 2013

Top 5 Most-Viewed LarryBoy Reviews As of 10/26/13

Hi, I'm the Amateur Critic. I review just about anything.

Since I'm a die-hard fan of LarryBoy, and also so excited in bringing you the review of LarryBoy and the Bad Apple soon, I'd thought I dedicate this blog post to my favorite superhero.

Yes, it's another countdown. In fact, I'm starting to like countdowns; they're fun. So, let's not waste any time! This is the Top 5 Most-Viewed LarryBoy Reviews As of 10/26/13.

5. LarryBoy in the Good, the Bad, and the Eggly

I recently did a review on this; and I was surprised to see that this was already getting some views on the Internet.
As you can recall, I had criticized this episode more than the other ones in the LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures series. There were just so many flaws in this movie that it made LarryBoy look like a numbskull, which is rarely a good sign.

I really hated to see my favorite superhero get deprived from how great he was.
Anyway, personally, I don't care if it's clunky, and I don't care if it's that bad- it's still LarryBoy.

4. LarryBoy and the Yodelnapper

Behold! The yodeling-enthusiastic realm of... yodeling!
My God! This episode was weird. Unbelievably weird! (Especially with the first segment that's been coined in Amateur Critic history: The Awkward Face Moment.)

Speaking of coining things... This was the first time using my Nintendo DSi to illustrate what I'm saying or what I want to show you guys.
This review, despite its critical review, was fun to do. I enjoyed reviewing this movie, and I can't wait to use my Nintendo DSi again to make the goofy illustrations.

3. LarryBoy: Leggo My Ego

This movie was, by far, the mother of all clichés... in a LarryBoy movie involving bad people with enabling mothers. I remember criticizing the Alchemist for being a friggin' Momma's boy, and for LarryBoy being clueless to what's going on.
I compared this movie to Angry Eyebrows, because this felt like a Mad Libs game, where the writers and creators made up the story as they went.

However, the "game" wasn't as bad as Angry Eyebrows, which was okay, but still made no difference.
Despite the criticism, I still want to see this movie anytime.

2. LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows

You may recall, in the blog post before the LarryBoy in the Good, the Bad, and the Eggly Movie Review, that this movie took the #8 spot in the countdown.
This movie was the seed that planted the flaw-making and the weird stuff in LarryBoy. As I said before, it seems like the good stuff came to a halt in Rumor Weed, and all the bad stuff started in this movie.
Just like in Leggo My Ego, Angry Eyebrows used the "Mad Libs" technique to come up with most of the story.

The movie was weird and sloppy, but... well, you know... I'm still up for watching it.
The main reason why I still come back to the LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures series is because it helps me to appreciate Fib from Outer Space, Rumor Weed, and the Bad Apple episodes more.

1. LarryBoy and the Fib from Outer Space

This was my first LarryBoy review ever! I really enjoyed doing that review. In fact, I'm even surprised that this movie got more page views on this blog (so far) than Rumor Weed. Frankly, Fib from Outer Space was only the work-in-progress leading to Rumor Weed.

Anyway, this movie was great, but not too perfect.

The hero didn't get as much spotlight; the villain wasn't given a whole origin or backstory; and there were people overdramatizing the situation. But despite its critical value, this movie wasn't so bad for what it is.

Well, guys. That was our countdown! I hope we get to have another one soon!

Amateur Critic
Sources:
LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures (the whole series)
LarryBoy and the Fib from Outer Space

All rights go to Big Idea Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment