Friday, October 25, 2013

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts As of 10/25/13

Hi, I'm the Amateur Critic. I review just about anything.

I'd thought I do something special for you all, now that it's been at least three months since the launch of my blog. (I finally kept up with a blog. Yay!) I've recently viewed the number of page views that my blog has received. And now, the results are in! Thanks to all my readers and subscribers, we can now celebrate the Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts as of October 25, 2013.
So let's begin!

10. Lamb Chop's Play Along: The Wallet

This episode of Lamb Chop was fun to do. I liked the humor, the cuteness, and especially the lesson on giving things back to the people that lost something. You know, not everyone returns wallets whenever they find out nowadays. Having money is tempting, believe me.
Anyway, it touched on an important issue, involving wallets. I liked this episode so much that I'll continue to watch it on Youtube.

9. Lamb Chop's Play Along: Lamb Chop Practices For A Talent Show

This episode, in my opinion, was kind of bland. In fact, I remember being real on this review; I told it like it was.
I felt like the story was too short, and it ended too fast. I don't know. I just scored it low. In fact, I'm not sure why this review didn't score lower than The Wallet episode.
Well, the episode wasn't so bad, but maybe if it was spiced up some, then it wouldn't be so bland.

8. LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows

Okay, I'm not sure why a LarryBoy episode scored this low on the countdown.
Anyway, this episode introduced the cartoon adventures of LarryBoy. I would give the movie credit for trying to continue the adventures of my favorite superhero of all time. However, after watching this as an adult, I felt like Big Idea left their brains at the Rumor Weed convention. Angry Eyebrows was okay, but didn't quite meet Rumor Weed standards. In fact, Big Idea released three more cartoon episodes after that, but they still didn't reach as much popularity as Rumor Weed.
Nonetheless, I'll still continue to watch this movie, no matter how clunky or how sloppy the animation can get.

7. Lamb Chop's Play Along: When You Grow Up

Out of all the Lamb Chop episodes that I had reviewed so far, this one was the most bland. Well, I praised the episode for the scene with Hush Puppy, but that was the only good scene.
Sure, the episode may have touched on the idea of what kids wanted to be when they grew up, but the storyline was a little boring. Well, the third act was when it got the most boring: the conversation in the third act wasn't all that interesting.
Despite my grading it low, I'm still surprised that this review got the most views than The Wallet
episode and LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows.

6. Introductory Post
Wow. My introductory post is in this countdown?
Thanks, guys!

5. The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole (Penguins of Madagascar)

It's the second half of the countdown; and already, the second appearance of Dr. Blowhole is scored #5 on the list.
I really enjoyed doing this review. In fact, I remember getting down and serious with this TV movie, despite my personal preference for it.
I think this was my second movie that I did a review on. That's a milestone right there. : )
Anyway, I remember saying that this movie was okay, even though it was very clichéd and corny, and some of the characters weren't all that good at solving their problems (in other words, they were none-the-wiser). But hey, I still love watching this movie.

4. Lamb Chop's Play Along: Lucky Dog

Personally, I loved this episode of Lamb Chop, because of Hush Puppy. Yes, Hush Puppy was adorable the entire show. He had a goal, but wasn't able to reach; but that little setback didn't darken the rest of the day- he picked himself back up, dusted himself off, and went on with his life.
I really enjoyed doing a review on this episode of Lamb Chop's Play Along.

3. Editorial: The Parts of 3-2-1 Penguins That Make Me Tick

This is the only editorial that made it in the countdown.
In this editorial, I criticized the show's lack of creativity and lack of originality. The show didn't meet Veggietales standards- in other words, I just didn't favor the show as much as Veggietales.
So, go figure...

2. LarryBoy and the Fib from Outer Space

Besides Angry Eyebrows, this LarryBoy episode made it on the countdown.
This review was fun to do. I felt like I did a really good job on this review. I pointed out the pros and cons of the movie; I kept an open-mind on the review... in fact, this review was even followed by an editorial on What Makes The Fib from Outer Space Forgettable? Too bad the editorial for Fib from Outer Space didn't make the countdown, but hey, we just have to make do for now.
Anyway, I enjoyed reviewing this movie, and I can't wait to review another LarryBoy adventure.

1. Lamb Chop's Play Along: The Guys

I couldn't believe a LarryBoy review lost to Lamb Chop. But I got the jest on why this review took the #1 spot on the countdown.
I praised this episode for touching on important issues like having friends that cared about you. Charlie Horse really learned that lesson the hard way, because he was trying so hard to impress "the guys" so that he can have people to call "friends." This makes us think: It's not easy fitting in nowadays, especially when people want you to be like everyone else.
Thank God Shari Lewis points out to Charlie Horse that real friends don't need you to impress them, but that they need to care about you. That's very true.
Well, this episode got the most page views on this blog; and I was more than happy to review that episode of Lamb Chop's Play Along.

Well, that was our countdown. I hope to have another countdown soon!

Amateur Critic
Sources:
Lamb Chop's Play Along
LarryBoy
Penguins of Madagascar
3-2-1 Penguins
All rights go to:
Shari Lewis
Big Idea Entertainment
DreamWorks Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment