Sunday, January 4, 2015

Editorial: Why Can't People Wait For "Five Nights at Freddy's 3"?

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Lately, I've been seeing news and Youtube videos concerning the Five Nights at Freddy's series. 

Rumor has it that there's going to be a third installment to the series. Okay, just nothing but talk, right? However, if you turn that into obsessive videos and pictures that'll trick people into believing that their true without getting official word from Scott Cawthon himself (the creator of the series), then it's just insane.

As a gamer, I'm a big fan of the Five Nights at Freddy's series. But I don't go saying "This is gonna be in the next game" or "Here's a trailer for the next game, even though it's fan-made!" I mean, Scott Cawthon just finished making Five Nights at Freddy's 2, and it's already in the market.

Now, I have no problem with fan art and memes that you can find on the Internet when you go to Google Images (or something similar to that). All I'm saying is that I'm getting bored of people creating this hype about Five Nights at Freddy's 3, and blowing it up into stuff like:
1. so-called "teaser trailers" of the new Five Nights at Freddy's game, when in reality, they're nothing but fan-made trailers
2. pics posted on the Internet to say that the new Five Nights at Freddy's name is coming on "this date" or "that date," and featuring animatronics never seen before
-If this was shown at a convention somewhere, I would be the one of to raise my hand and ask, "Did you really go to Scott Cawthon and ask if what's being presented to the world is accurate?"

The reason why I see this as an issue is because people can fall for tricks like that. I watched a video on Youtube once, thinking that it was an actual teaser for the new game... only to find out that it was fan-made and only clips and pieces of the first two games.
This happens with movies too! It's like every time a game or movie franchise gets popular, people are finding new ways of saying (and begging) "Please make more!" This leads to creators making crappy sequels, because people were so impatient, that creators would scramble to make and release the next "big thing."
-Let me just ask: Do you want Five Nights at Freddy's 3 to be a crappy sequel? (Then again, Scott Cawthon, telling by the Five Nights at Freddy's series, is pretty good at his work, that there's no way the third installment would be that bad.)
-It's like opening presents two weeks before Christmas. It just doesn't feel right.
-And no, I'm not going to show the new pic (the one that says "I am still here") that Scott Cawthon released on his website, because I believe he needs to be the one commenting on his status and when the game will officially come out.

As for the speculation about the backstory of Five Nights at Freddy's, let Scott Cawthon himself say if the second installment is a prequel or not, or if the third installment will be a prequel or not. It's bad enough that people like me are still trying to piece together the story ourselves... IN OUR MINDS AND NOT IN THE PUBLIC SPHERE. 

To sum it up, I'm pretty sure Scott Cawthon already has enough things to do, and people are pestering him about when there will be another Five Nights at Freddy's game. But here's my suggestion: be patient. You know that old saying: "Good things will come to you if you wait"? The same rules apply here. If you want Five Nights at Freddy's 3 to not suck, then leave Scott Cawthon to do his work.

Should I say the same things about movies? Yes. I mean, you can look all over Youtube and tell the fan-made trailers from the actual ones. I understand that Youtubers just want to have fun on the Internet, but think about who you're showing fan-made trailers to and be ready to suffer any consequences.
-There ARE such thing as gullible people (people that thoroughly believe everything they see and hear on the Internet or elsewhere).

Not to be rude or anything, but give Scott Cawthon a break. If you want Five Nights at Freddy's 3 to happen, then I'm pretty sure Scott Cawthon will respond to that in some way. 

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Five Nights at Freddy's series

Courtesy: Scott Cawthon

No comments:

Post a Comment