Friday, January 9, 2015

CHARACTER ANALYSIS #9- Princess Belle from "Beauty and the Beast"

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

You can call this my first Character Analysis on a Disney Princess. In fact, I feel inspired by this princess whenever I'm surrounded by books. This is Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

This Disney Princess has some really good qualities: She's smart; she's a bookworm...

-By the way, bookworms rule!
... she's kind and respectful towards others; and she usually sees the good in people.

Eventually, all those good qualities work to help make the Beast more friendly and kinder; thus, breaking his curse and turning him back to human, because he had learned to love again.

However, what I heard from other critics that had critiqued this character is that she can be too perfect.

-How is that?
How can she be perfect if she has emotions like a regular person. She has wishes; she has goals; and she has heart. To define her as "perfect," then there wouldn't be any emotion, or even less humanity in her.

I guess people criticize her for being too perfect is because she knows all the right things to do, and she has a really good personality resume.
-That's just my theory on what critics think of her.

Despite all that, I still like this Disney Princess, because I feel like her at times.

I love books. I love learning. I try to see the good in people. And, I also believe that love conquers all.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Beauty and the Beast

Courtesy: Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment