Tuesday, December 9, 2014

WC's Christmas PART 2: Top 6 BEST Christmas Specials!!!

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Welcome to Part 2 of Whatsoever Critic's Christmas! Now as promised, I'm here to give you the Top 10 BEST Christmas specials. Last time, it was the specials I thought were bad. But this time, this list has the good specials.
So kick back and relax, and enjoy my Top 6 Best Christmas specials!!

6. Veggietales: The Star of Christmas

I'm almost thinking about doing a review on this special. It's about Bob and Larry trying to do a show on Christmas, but faces conflict with a church that's performing the Nativity story on the exact same night.
I liked this special, because it touched on a subject of Christmas that people would take for granted nowadays: the giving and love part. I especially love the scene where Bob and Larry visit a cell mate with a cup of hot cocoa and a plate of cookies, so that he wouldn't be alone on Christmas. Plus, the special was funny and interesting to watch.
The special was so good, that it spawned a sequel, which was... you guessed it! An Easter Carol.

5. The Year Without A Santa Claus (Rankin/Bass)

I wasn't sure whether to put this one on my INDIFFERENT list, but when I saw this special again, I decided to go easy on it.
It shows Mrs. Claus telling us a story about the time Santa Claus got sick, and had to stay home from delivering presents to the children. The world hears about this, and it's up to Mrs. Claus and her elves to bring back the Christmas spirit. Even one kid is touched by the spirit of Christmas, and helps save Christmas.
The special wasn't so back. I mean, I was able to sit through it. So, good job, Rankin/Bass.

4. Shrek The Halls

This special would play every holiday season on ABC. Personally, this special is funny and entertaining. The comedy is impressive, because it's Shrek at his best. Plus, it goes farther than just having a Christmas party. And, it shares a lesson in celebrating Christmas with friends and family.

3. A Charlie Brown Christmas

This is like the staple of Christmas special. People know this special by heart, and it's already a holiday TV tradition. The comedy is great; the story is creative; and the message is simple. Why? Because Charlie Brown shows us that Christmas is not about materialism, but something more: being together on Christmas.

2. Mickey's Christmas Carol

Now, I know I did a review on this special last year. But I'm telling you: this version of the Charles Dickens classic is way better than Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. It's got Disney characters in their respective roles. (For example, Scrooge McDuck as the respective role of Ebenezer Scrooge.) Personally, I love this special. It has heart; it has funny moments; and it's to the point; whereas Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol was nonsensical and uncomfortable to sit through.

1. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Rankin/Bass)

If Frosty the Snowman and whatever he's associated with was hard to sit through, then Santa Claus Is Coming To Town is definitely a better choice for me.
This follows the story of how Kris Kringle became Jolly Old St. Nick. It's straightforward; it's memorable; and I know almost every line from this special.
-It's that good!
I especially liked the humor in this special, especially with the villain Burgermeister Meisterburger. I don't know which villain he learned off of, but this guy is a riot!
I especially liked Fred Astaire as the special's narrator. I believe that Rankin/Bass made a better of narrator than they did with Jimmy Durante in Frosty the Snowman.
-Well... I respect Jimmy Durante. God bless him. But he should've been a narrator elsewhere...
Anyway, I see this as one of the best Christmas specials that I know.

So that was my Top 6 BEST Christmas Specials! Stay tuned for the specials that went on the INDIFFERENT list.

Whatsoever Critic
Sources:
Veggietales: The Star of Christmas
The Year Without A Santa Claus
Shrek the Halls
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Mickey's Christmas Carol
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Courtesy: Big Idea; Rankin/Bass; DreamWorks; Bill Melendez Productions; and Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment