Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Editorial: Is "Veggietales In The House" A Hit or Miss? Pt. 2

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Welcome to Part 2 of my editorial on Big Idea's Netflix series Veggietales In The House.

This past weekend, I posted Part 1 of this editorial. Also, this past weekend, I had posted a video on something from the Netflix series that just took me aback.

You know I go on and on in this blog about my favorite superhero of all time: LarryBoy.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the Netflix series has hinted that LarryBoy will be on the show. The kind-of-sort-of bad news is... the concept art for LarryBoy if he's going to appear on Veggietales In The House.

I mean, look at the design and tell me that that's going beyond the original design. I mean, he still has his famous plunger ears. But the rest of the costume is a different color and futuristic-looking. And seriously? He has wings now?
-What, are they trying to make him like Buzz Lightyear or something?
And the mask...
-It's see-through. There's a reason why his mask in the original design wasn't see-through. It was to keep a low profile. This... this is just saying: "Hi, guys! It's me, Larry, but right now I'm LarryBoy, but... I don't think I'm hiding my face well, am I?"

However, my guess is that this was Big Idea's way of saying sorry for the disappointing payoffs in The League of Incredible Vegetables,

but I did grass.

So, how am I, as far as the new costume design?

Eh...

The reason why I say "Eh..." is because I'm already seeing changes in the things I love left and right. Well, maybe LarryBoy would be so much cooler with the new costume design. Who knows? However, there was nothing wrong with the original design. Purple and yellow were his trademark colors, and should be treated as such.
-It's kind of like the new Chica design for Five Nights at Freddy's 2. She looked fat and ugly in the first installment, but in the sequel, she's a lot more attractive-looking with the hips and thighs. (I'm only saying...) But in this case, LarryBoy looks more futuristic and different than he did before.

So, basically, you can think what you want with the new costume design for LarryBoy. You can love it, or hate it; but hopefully, Big Idea doesn't take away his likability... THEN I would have a problem.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Veggietales In The House

Courtesy: Big Idea/DreamWorks

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a commenting one, but..... I also say that I had the other Larry-boy costume wrong?? BUT BUT BUT it's not bad either and I started to investigate... Uh... Buzz lightyear along with larryboy and his suits if they look alike, 1 wings, 2 technological and transparent screen, the truth I think if they look alike. But better not to put together a Lio telling you that they look alike

    ReplyDelete