Saturday, November 22, 2014

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 2- My Verdict

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

So in yesterday's video, I posted that I had heard about Five Nights at Freddy's 2 having being released recently.

Yesterday I was scrambling to buy the game on my mobile app.


Afterwards, the first thing I did was play it.

I'm not sure how long I played the game (seeing that I only made it to Night 2), but it's a lot harder than the first Five Nights at Freddy's. Why? Well...
1. More cameras that you have to keep track of


2. A music box that you have to wind up AND keep track of every once in a while
3. Not four animatronic characters but a total of 7

(featuring newbies: the Balloon boy, the Jack in the Box, and the kind-of female version of Foxy (what is that?!)) that you have to keep track of
4. A flashlight that can run out of power if you don't use it wisely... THAT YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRACK OF!
5. A Freddy mask that you can wear to ward off some of the characters (excluding the fox and... some others)
-I mean, seriously! This game is really banking up on having us keep track of things, isn't it?

I played this game last night, and the fox got me.

-Now, for those of you that don't know yet, but I have this game on my iPad, so it's the iOS version. So, some of this may be different from the PC version.

I played it again this morning, and got a rude awakening. Here's how it went down:
I played this game twice this morning.

Attempt 1:
I was on the first night. I hear the guy on the phone talking and saying things in his usual nothing's-wrong attitude. I'm checking each of the cameras, and when I return to looking at the office, a shadowy figure of Freddy Fazbear himself is at the left-hand corner of the office. What happened next was that the game froze. I only assumed that the app had crashed. So I exit out of the game and reopened it.

Attempt 2:
Now for this attempt, this was where weird things happened.
I was playing the game like normal with no crashes. As I predicted, I only made it to Night 2, with Foxy getting me. But that wasn't the weird part; the weird part came after the jumpscare.
After the game had cut to the usual TV-losing-signal black-and-white image, there came red horizontal bars running up and down the screen. Next, instead of the "Game Over" credit, what pops up is a bunch of colorful figures appeared. They looked like something that one would see in games like Pacman or other retro games like it. And I saw a retro-looking Freddy Fazbear in the middle of the screen surrounded by other figures that were shaped in curving shapes. All you could hear was someone going "Uh... uh..." in a deep baritone voice.
I wanted to have gotten a picture of some of this on my phone, but (stupid me) my phone was turned off and charging somewhere's; so there was no way that I could've documented it.

So, what's my verdict?

It was okay. I mean, it's more creepier than the first one. Plus, we're dealing with more characters than the first. Also, this game expects us to work harder than the first.
However, what was up with that weird thing that happened at the end of the game? I'M NOT KIDDING!!! I don't know if that was a glitch or not. I'm not sure if anyone came across that or not. If so, please leave a comment or a shout-out just so to make sure that I'm not the only one that got that kind of glitch in the game or not. I'm not sure if that was Scott Cawhorn's intention or not, but this had to be something huge! And, like I said before, I have the iOS version of the game, so I don't know if that glitch appears in the PC version or not.
I'm telling you: that was the creepiest thing to have come up in Five Nights at Freddy's 2... AND IT WASN'T ANY OF THE JUMPSCARES!!!!

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Five Nights at Freddy's 2

Source: Scott Cawhorn

No comments:

Post a Comment