Saturday, November 22, 2014

CHARACTER ANALYSIS #6: Mario from the "Super Mario Bros." Video Game Franchise

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

ANOTHER CHARACTER ANALYSIS!!!... which will be a brief one, you guys, because many people know this guy, especially most gamers: Mario from the Super Mario Bros. franchise.

What's likeable about him? And what are his shortcomings? Well, I'm here to shed light on this character through this analysis. So let's get started!
-And just to let you know, I will not be including the Super Mario Show franchise in this analysis. I know that he started in spin-off shows, but they're just so forgettable.

Mario first appeared in the video game Donkey Kong in the 80s. Afterwards, his fame started to grow. And then, there came the usual formula that still exists today: Princess Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser;

Mario is called in to save the day; Mario and Bowser duke it out; Mario saves Peach; and the end.
-And yes, in the future, I'll be doing a Character Analysis on Bowser, because I got a lot to say about him.
Also, Mario is in the Mario Party franchise, which is pretty impressive.

-I know I've played Mario Party 7, Mario Party DS, and Mario Party: Island Tour. Wow! The franchise must be that popular!

Now as far as personality goes, it's basically stayed the same throughout the years: He's smart, loyal, friendly, has a moral compass, and possesses a good heart. He's especially like that around Princess Peach, because hey: they make it obvious that they belong together.

Mario also has a brother named Luigi.

-Funny story: At first, I thought Luigi was older than him, but after playing some of the games and reading about them on the Internet, it's Mario that's the older brother, and Luigi the younger brother, even though Luigi is taller.
That's the only known family that Mario has, and that's his brother Luigi. The relationship between him and his brother are great. Sure, there can be friendly competition and Luigi's not-as-daring-as-Mario attitude, but the relationship is still strong.
-And yes, in the future, I'll probably do a Character Analysis on Luigi.

As far as abilities go, Mario is only known to jump,

fly in raccoon costumes, ground-pound Bowser's minions, have super abilities after eating a red mushroom.


So where does Mario fall flat? Well, I don't think he falls flat, because his character maintains its credibility throughout the years. However, he just fell flat in the spin-off cartoons, because of sloppy animation and plotless episodes.
-I know I said I wouldn't mention the TV show, but I had to point it out here.

Anyway, that was my Character Analysis on Mario from the Super Mario Bros. franchise.

Tune in next time for another Character Analysis, and for more reviews!

Whatsoever Critic
Sources:
Mario Party series
Super Mario Bros.

Courtesy: Nintendo

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. mario game characters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to understand all of the comments, but I seriously enjoyed the write-up. It proved being really helpful to me and Im positive to all of the commenters right here! Its constantly nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I am certain you had enjoyable writing this write-up. Luigi’s Mansion 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. Super Mario

    ReplyDelete