Sunday, February 1, 2015

Editorial: "Five Nights at Freddy's 3" Teaser Trailer Is Out?

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

I'm sorry for posting about this topic really late. I was busy with other stuff: you know, school, reviews, etc.
Anyway, remember my editorial that was begging the question: "Why can't we wait for the third installment of Five Nights at Freddy's?" I remember saying that I was sick and tired of being misled by fan-made trailers of the franchise, even though Scott Cawthon (game creator) is trying his damnest to please his loyal fans by working on where to go next with the series. I was hoping that people would get off of Cawthon for a while; but unfortunately, I was proven wrong.

On Monday, January 26, 2015, which was last week, I was exposed to the teaser trailer for Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
-By the way, my reaction video is coming soon.
The teaser trailer looked very impressive. Now, I'm not going to give out any spoilers; so your job is to see the trailer for yourself.

At first, I didn't know what to think of the trailer. I was under the suspicion that it was just another fan-made trailer. It looked very convincing.
When I first saw this video, I was updated by Scott Cawthon's Youtube Channel, because I usually get updates on my phone. At the time I first viewed this, the number of views it had was 304. There, I was thinking: "Hmm... I'm one of the first to see this video. I can't tell if it's the real thing or not." Then the next day, the number of views jumped to over 2 million. And today, the video has over 5 million hits on Youtube.
-Oh wait. I just revisited Youtube. Now the video has hit over 7 million views.

Whoa.
-You know, I wouldn't be surprised if that video surpasses the trailer for Five Nights at Freddy's 2,

which is currently still holding up with more than 11 million views on Youtube.
So yes. It's been confirmed that the teaser trailer isn't a fake. IT'S REAL AS F***!

But still, I have this big concern on whether Scott Cawthon is okay with this or not. I mean, it feels like this is going to turn out like the Nguyen Ha Dong story all over again. Nguyen Ha Dong was the game developer responsible for the game Flappy Bird.

The game was so popular that Ha Dong thought that the game was super-addictive, so he decided to remove the game from app providers everywhere, because he was too overwhelmed by the game's success.

I just gotta ask: Do y'all want the same thing to happen to Scott Cawthon and the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise? Where Cawthon takes down the series from the public, because the success was so overwhelming to him? Whatever happened to waiting patiently? Whatever happened to the old saying "Patience is virtue"?

Then again, if this is what Scott Cawthon himself wants, if he wants to keep making his fans happy, if he wants to keep up with the Five Nights at Freddy's games or end it with the third installment, then God bless him.

But seriously, think about the well-being of this well-respected game developer.

Whatsoever Critic
Sources:
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser Trailer
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Flappy Birds

Courtesy: Scott Cawthon and Nguyen Ha Dong

REACTION VIDEO TO FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 3 TEASER TRAILER COMING SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment