Saturday, October 11, 2014

New To A Show: "Downton Abbey"

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

I know that in my previous blogs, I said I would try to look into some of the new shows on ABC. But seeing that I have a busy school schedule, and seeing that I wasn't at all interested in Manhattan Love Story as I thought I would be...
-Just like Walking Dead. I'm sorry, but those shows were out of my league. I mean, I didn't even make it passed Season Two on Walking Dead...

However, there was one show that got my attention. This show has four seasons out on DVD, and I want to catch up to get to the fifth season.
-The word is that the fifth season has already started. I have to hurry!!!


I was walking down the aisles of my school library in the audiovisuals section, when I found the Downton Abbey series. All four seasons were sitting together on the shelf. I heard about the PBS series, but never got the chance to watch it on TV. So I decided to grab Season One off the shelf and check it out from the library. So far, I got to Disc 2 of Season One.
-There are three discs in the Season One DVD, containing seven parts total.

So far...
This show was great.

I mean it, too. The acting, the scenary, the writing... It's like reading a great book!
But be warned that it contains sexuality, and it's a drama. But those are okay, because they work to the show's advantage. I can see why this show was nominated and received many awards over the years.

Again, I'm still on Season One of Downton Abbey. The fifth season is already airing on PBS. So... I really have to hurry.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Downton Abbey

Courtesy: PBS/Carnival Films

No comments:

Post a Comment