Wednesday, September 24, 2014

UPDATE!!!: The "Five Nights at Freddy's" Experience!

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Oh... How can one describe Five Nights at Freddy's?
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
It was pretty cool.

I mean that. It was pretty cool. As a game, it was meant to be scary.
When I was first introduced to this game through Youtube, my initial thoughts were that this was scary and creepy, and that I should keep away. However, the temptation to try the game grew as I watched countless Youtubers play the game only to be scared senseless.
-I'll admit: those were funny.
Plus, knowing that I'm a fast-learner, I played each video over and over, and studied what people were doing right and what they were doing wrong in the game. I figured, "Okay, since everyone that I'm seeing on Youtube is only making it to the second night on that game, maybe that would be my fate if I tried it myself."

So, on Sept. 22, 2014, I decided to download the game before class that morning. I didn't play it right away, because one, class was going to start; and two, that day was busy. So, I waited until the next day after school to play it.

The next day, I'm sitting in my room, with my iPad handy, and I open the app. As I play, I make sure to check the cameras and use as little power as I could (seeing that the power is limited).
-WhyTF is that?

Night #1:
The first night ran smoothly... which was pretty awkward, because I was expected to see creepy things in that first level.

Night #2:
Just like I had assumed, I make it to the second night. Things were okay, with the exception of one or two random scares (which weren't as scary as I had imagined). Plus, the power ran out, so the level ended literally in the dark. There, I thought the game was over, but no...

Night #3:
(I didn't expect to make it to Night #3, to be honest.)
Things were okay, until I hear a screech from the left of where I was viewing from. And then it said "Game Over."
-And there's your first problem: THERE WAS NOTHING THERE, AND YET THE GAME STILL DECIDED TO KILL ME OFF! You know, I'm not the only person that has witnessed this injustice, because I've seen something like this happen to a player on Youtube. So, it was no big deal.

Main Menu:
-By the way, this game doesn't have a friggin' pause button/option. That's another problem, because I was called out of my room at least three times, and all I could do was lock my iPad and tend to whatever was outside.
Anyway, the game takes me to the Main Menu. The good news was that I got to continue the game where I had left off: which was Night #3.

Night #3:
I play Night #3 again, only this time, I get the job done.

Night #4:
Same intensity as Night #3.
-I'm already questioning why this game is being nice to me. Maybe it's being too nice, so that it would show its true colors later on...

Night #5:

I've made it this far, only for a animatronic fox to scurry down the friggin' and pay me a visit.

The end.

So, that was yesterday's experience of Five Nights at Freddy's. So, will I ever play the game again. Well, soon.

However, what I will be working on is... Well, let's just say that this game calls for an editorial.

As far as the story behind this game... the many questions I have for it like:
1. Why are the animatronics trying to kill people?
2. Why is there really an occupation to watch animatronics overnight, when they can do something useful like scare away burglars?
Recently, I learned about the story from Wikipedia, but I also found a video on Youtube called "Five Nights at Freddy's Secret Lore," which I believe has a more intricate meaning. Just look up that video and check it out if you don't know the story.

Other than that, I will be playing this game again soon. It's addictive (in the mind), It's got great visuals. And, what can I say? It's intriguing, because it's scary.

Whatsoever Critic:
Source: Five Nights at Freddy's

Courtesy: Steam/Google Play

No comments:

Post a Comment