Sunday, January 19, 2014

Whatsoever Critic's Top 7 Theme Songs

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

What is one of the things that I look forward to whenever I watch a show or movie? The theme song, because I love music. Whenever I hear a theme song, it describes the tone and nature of the show/movie that it's mashed with. So, today I'm gonna give you my Top 7 greatest theme songs!

7. Theme from Liv and Maddie

Now, I don't really watch this show; but I was flipping through channels one day, and I came across this show. I watched the beginning of that one episode, and then came the theme song.
I have to admit that the song was upbeat and outgoing. In fact, that's what theme songs are supposed to do: get people's attention.

However, this show wasn't able to keep me interested. After the theme song, I flipped the channel to something else.
-Good try, though, show.

6. "Now and Forever" from The Pebble and the Penguin

Some of you may or may not remember this movie, because it was one of Don Bluth's box office failures.
Anyway, this song was sung at the beginning of the movie, where the male penguins sing about how they'll use a pebble to propose to their love interest. In turn, the females sing about how they want to be married to a suitable male.

-If only that was the case in real life... Pick one: the suitable-ness of the male or getting married the right way (no shot-gun wedding or wedlock)...
The theme song even gives us time to give us the focal point of the movie, which is our hero Hubie wanting to marry his love interest Marina.
-Aww...
Despite the fact that this was one of Don Bluth's not-so-great movies, I think the movie is okay.

5. "I See You" from Avatar

When I first heard this song, I fell in love with it.
This song was from Avatar, one of the record-breaking highest-grossing films so far in motion picture history. This song was sung by Leona Lewis, which was a very good choice, because she's in tune; she's into the song; and above all, it fits with the movie's story.

In fact, the tune of this song can be heard throughout the movie, if you listen hard enough. It's actually pretty awesome.

If you haven't checked this song, go ahead and decide for yourself.

4. Theme from Revenge

Now, technically I don't watch this show anymore.
-I stopped watching at season 2, because... IDK. Lost interest, I guess...
Anyway, this song was pretty bad ass. The tune that was mashed up for the show kicked ass, because it describes how the main character Emily Thorne is going after the people that gave her hell in the past, although her revenge schemes will be challenging, and they'll have consequences to them.
-But seriously, can't she just forgive and forget? Can't we all just get along?

3. "He's Dr. Blowhole" from "The Penguin Who Loved Me" (Penguins of Madagascar)

Okay, why does this song keep showing up in my blog, you ask? Because it's Dr. Blowhole, that's why!
Sure, this theme song may have lasted about thirty seconds, but this song kicked ass, anyway. Even the visuals to go with this song all phenomenal. The dark blues and reds suggest how evil Dr. Blowhole is, as well as subtle he can be when it comes to being in the water.

However, another downside to this song is the episode of Penguins of Madagascar that it's in: "The Penguin Who Loved Me." Like I said in the review for this episode, it didn't seem like a legit Dr. Blowhole story; it turns out that despite the catchy and engaging theme song... there's very little Dr. Blowhole in it...
-Well, if you count the scenes of Dr. Blowhole having no memory of his evil self as being legitimate to being part of the Dr. Blowhole story, good for you. But that wasn't the case for me: As I watched this episode, I remember saying over and over "Okay, movie. Can we get the evil and bad ass Dr. Blowhole back?" In fact, this song would've fit much better with The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole TV movie; now that would've been a hell of a lot better, because there was so much Dr. Blowhole in it; there was no Ty Burrell; there was no stupid-as-hell writing (except for some plot holes); and come to think of it, the song would be mashed perfectly with the special's atmosphere. The thing with Dr. Blowhole being bad-ass in only one or two scenes... not gonna cut it!

Anyway, I enjoy watching and listening to this song. If you're interested, you can Google it or find it on Youtube.

2. "The Review Must Go On" from Nostalgia Critic

God, I love this guy! I especially like his theme song.
Nostalgia Critic is my all-time favorite person to watch on Youtube. He reviews movies, and even does editorials.
Now back to the song, it's fantastic! The guitar in the song is awesome, as well as the visuals for this song. Whoever wrote this song is downright genius.

Now the original theme song for this Internet show used to have the lyrics, "Hello, hello. I'm the Nostalgia Critic... Do you have some change?..." I don't know what happened with the original song after a few seasons. We'll just assume that the original wasn't gimmicky enough, so they decided to update it by adding visuals of random clips from the show and playing a really cool tune on electric guitar.

1. "Rock on, LarryBoy" from LarryBoy and the Bad Apple

I don't care what people say, but this theme song is awesome! And, as a die-hard LarryBoy fan, that makes me more than happy to make this song number one on my list.
The song is featured near the end of LarryBoy and the Bad Apple. The visuals that go with this song are phenomenal.

You see LarryBoy showing off his greatness, while the song sings about his greatness. You get everything in this theme song: the premise; the tall-building-scenic backdrop; the shadows; the colors; the lighting; the smoke coming from out of nowhere... it's that awesome!
-I just don't get why the singers had to be a bunch of corn. How was that ever established?


Now, respectively, this song replaces the original song that was sung by Nicole Mullen, which was the theme song for both The Fib from Outer Space and Rumor Weed, and let me tell you: "Rock on, LarryBoy is far more awesome than its original theme.

If you haven't heard this song or saw the music video that goes with it, it's definitely worth checking out.

And that was my Top 7 Theme Songs. I hoped you enjoyed seeing this list.

Whatsoever Critic
Sources:
Liv and Maddie
The Pebble and the Penguin
Avatar
Revenge
Penguins of Madagascar
Nostalgia Critic
Veggietales: LarryBoy and the Bad Apple

All rights go to Disney, Don Bluth, 20th Century Fox, ABC, DreamWorks Animation, Channel Awesome, and Big Idea Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment