Sunday, August 23, 2015

"Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4" Youtube Video Review

Hi, I'm the Whatsoever Critic. I review just about anything.

Welcome back to another review!

It all started with a viral video. And then that viral video spawned a sequel, and then another sequel, and then fast-forward to the last day of March 2015 (the day before April Fools' Day), where the franchise surprises us with a sudden entry to the canon. How well did this go? Well, since I was a subscriber to their Youtube channel, I was one of the front-runners to do a react video on it.
So let's not waste any more time. This is Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4.

Opening:

The video opens with the same characters from last time, as they sit at a different table in a different room...
-which looks more detailed. Apparently, the studio that brought us these videos had a bigger budget this time. (sarcasm) Way to go, Kickstarter!
Red Guy: "Oh, I guess it's my turn to choose a card."
So apparently, these characters are playing a board game, where you have to answer questions(?)... I don't know.
Red Guy: "What is the biggest thing in the world?"
Robin: "Hmm. That's a tricky one..."
-Uh, nobody can answer that question. In fact, what kind of question is that?

Confused, the gang turns to a globe with eyes...

Yellow Guy: "Wow! Look...!"
Computer (behind them): (singing) "I'm a computer. I'm a computer-y guy..."
-Wait. I thought the globe was gonna sing to these guys.
-By the way, this was the April Fools' joke that the production played on us. It fooled us into believing that the globe was going to teach the gang, but instead, it was the talking computer. Yep. They had us fooled. Even the video's thumbnail shows the globe, NOT the computer, in order to keep the surprise hidden until the viewer watches the video.

Song:
Anyway, the computer goes on to talk about the uses of a computer. This interests the trio.
Red Guy: "Oh. Maybe you can help us answer this question. What is the biggest-"
Computer: (singing) "Never. I'm very clever-y guy..."
-Wow. What a douche.
And then the computer decides to take the characters onto a field trip.

Computer: "Now before we begin our journey, I just need to get some information from you..."
-Red flag. Stranger danger.
Computer: "What's your name? Where do you live? What do you like to eat?"
Robin: "I live in my house."
Yellow Guy: "Spaghetti!"
Red Guy: "My name is-"
Computer: "Great news!"
-Okay. I know something's gonna happen here.
-Plus, what was with that line: I live in my house? That was gold.
So as you can imagine, the crazy stuff happens after Red Guy tells the computer to shut up, which pisses off the machine.

Computer: "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!"
-FREAKOUT ALERT!!!

So after glitching out for a few seconds, we see our characters in animated form...

-What, they can't spend a lot of money on the animation. I mean, the money is all over their living room. Why not have a huge budget for the animation?
So the computer continues to show the characters more of what they can do on the computer, but Red Guy starts to catch on with the chaos of the Internet(?)...

-That's never explained.

At some point, Red Guy stumbles into a room, which is a Matrix-type setting. Recognize the setting?

It's a cheap copy of the setting of the first installment of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.
-I have no clue what is going on here...
The strange people in the room notices Red Guy...
-This is playing like a top secret thing going on... Are you sure we're viewing the right video?
...and for some reason, Red Guy's head explodes...
-Oh, come on, guys! It's a balloon with glitter inside it!

And that was Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4. So how was this video?
It wasn't too bad. I mean, there's still some shock value; however, the shock value isn't that major, because knowing the Youtube series, you already know that the crazy stuff is coming. It's pretty much predictable at this point in time. Regardless, this installment was an okay.

Whatsoever Critic
Source: Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4

Courtesy: Blink Industries

No comments:

Post a Comment